IT Technical Support Manager
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Technology Manager to join our IT & Operations team in Plymouth City Centre
Salary: £30,000-32,000 per annum
Hours: 37 per week
Achievement Training Ltd (ATL) is one of the city’s largest providers of quality education and training, offering a diverse range of exciting career opportunities for all kinds of people.
We are a Disability Confident Employer, have been continuously grade “Good” by OFSTED and our learners and employers consistently rate our services above 95%.
We believe our employees are our greatest asset and aim to support and develop all colleagues, whatever their role, so that they feel confident to undertake their roles and feel a valued part of the success of our organisation.
Our standard working week is normal business hours Monday to Friday (although some flexibility may be required depending on the sector in which you work). All staff receive 32 days annual leave (or pro-rata equivalent) and access to our discounted city centre parking scheme, as well as fantastic opportunities for professional development and expanding skills and experience.
The Job Role:
To maintain / develop and manage all ATL systems and providing high quality 2nd / 3rd line support and customer service to all staff and students; ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the technical and operational requirements and long-term improvement projects for the delivery and support of education and vocational training. Manage budgets and work plans for operations and resources and mentor 1st line Technical Apprentices employed within the support team.
• Qualified to Level 4 with formal certifications i.e. Network+, MCP, VCP or equivalent preferred;
• Provide Server administration on a variety of platforms;
• Virtualisation and configuration (VMware / Vcenter);
• Provide SAN administration;
• Email administration (Google / NetBSD);
• Active Directory; Group Policy/folder redirection administration; intranet administration (WordPress);
• Extensive PowerShell and scripting knowledge
• Administration of CCTV systems;
• VPN / firewall implementation and configuration; Proven knowledge of Linux based firewall solutions;
• Able to assist in asset management and disaster recovery planning / testing;
• Knowledge of Aruba Networks and switches to implement VLAN configurations;
• DNS management support and assist with changes;
• SNMP configuration;
• Experience of the creation / monitoring of nightly backups / processes (Veeam / Windows);
• Strong organisational / problem solving skills with ability to prioritise and monitor team workloads;
• Experience of an ITIL environment and adopting Cyber Essentials+ methodologies / working practices
• Able to quickly learn new skills and adapt to new and constantly evolving technology;
• Sound and practical understanding of GDPR /DPA and its application, in an educational setting.
Applications by submission of CV and supporting statement, quoting reference ITTM/0621 to
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 6 August 2021