Take ownership of their work and client lists, accept responsibility, are proactive, flexible and adaptable, plan their work and time, they aim for excellence by taking exceptional pride in their work and industry
Advanced and Creative Hair Professionals are creative, passionate, and driven professionals who work without supervision, managing themselves and others when required. They provide a quality service, whilst working to the highest standards and continuously developing their personal and professional skills. An Advanced and Creative Hair Professional works in the hair industry, which is one of the largest, most trusted and fashion forward professions. They take ownership of their work and client lists, accept responsibility, are proactive, flexible and adaptable, plan their work and time, they aim for excellence by taking exceptional pride in their work and industry. The work environment can be varied in size, style and ambiance, from a bespoke salon, the media industry, cruise ships, product houses and manufacturers to luxury high-end hair salon. They are highly skilled and experienced individual professionals who deliver hair fashion forward trends, which are innovative styles inspired by current images and their own creativity, individual flair, imagination and interpretation.
An Advanced and Creative Hair Professional:
- demonstrates professionalism by maintaining confidentiality and discretion
- researches fashion forward trends, using the results to create, plan and promote a collection of hairstyle looks that reflects their own individuality
- analyses the factors that influence the design and creation of the collection of hairstyle looks, including the target audience
- designs a range of looks to create a fashion forward collection of hairstyle looks
- maintains effective and safe methods of working
- uses and adapt a range of sectioning and cutting guidelines, creative and precision techniques and technical skills to create and enhance the collection of hairstyle looks
- carries out precision and personalised cutting tailored to individual client characteristics
- formulates imaginative creative advanced colour conversion services to change the depth and tone of the hair
- uses a range of creative finishing and dressing techniques, advanced creative colouring techniques to enhance the collection of hairstyle looks
- presents, showcases and promotes their skills though their collection of hairstyle looks via a variety of media types and platforms
- provides a smoothing strengthening service to clients
- carries out in-depth consultation and complex analysis of the hair
- uses and applies the products, tools and equipment, in accordance with legal requirements, manufacturers’ instructions and salon policy
- provides advice on future services and products
- evaluates the results of the service to improve further practice
Typical Job Roles: Creative hairstylists, Advanced senior stylists, Senior hair professional or Specialist technicians
Candidates for this course should be working in a related sector.
All applications will be reviewed on an individual basis. If you have experience or previous knowledge that will support your application please remember to include it. Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment.
Training and assessment fee £5,000.00
Levy employers 100% contribution required.
Non-levy employers Co-invested government contribution 95% Employer 5% £250
Apprentices must not incur any costs
Employer Incentive for Hiring a new Apprentice apprenticeships.gov.uk/employers/financial-incentives
You could receive up to £4000 If you hire an apprentice before 31st January 2022, as part of the Government’s plan to support employers during the economic recovery.
All ages Covid 19 Incentive £3000.00
16-18 Permanent incentive £1000.00
- The apprentice must be a new hire holding a contract of employment with start date no earlier than 01/04/2021
- 2. The apprentice must not have been previously employed by the same employer within the previous 6 months of the start date
National Insurance Contributions are not required by employers with apprentices under the age of 25 earning less than £827 a week.