This qualification is an introduction to the knowledge and understanding needed to work in a school or college environment. It can apply to the many varied roles that full and part-time support staff may fulfill including: administrative roles, site support roles, technical roles and volunteers, as well as roles that work directly with children and young people in the learning environment
This course is suitable for anyone who is interested in working with children and young people in a range of learning environments including all types of schools and colleges. It is ideal for those who are unemployed, looking at a career change.
This course does not require a work placement.
This course covers;
• Understand Schools and Colleges as Organisations
• Understand Child and Young People’s Development
• Understand communication and professional relationships with children and young people
• Understand Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
• Safeguarding Children and Young People
• Understand Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
For age ranges in school from 5 years.
Attendance – Every Monday for 7 weeks term time only 0930 to 15.30 | Flexibility available to allow for school drop off & pick up.
Term Time Only
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION WILL BE ELECTRONIC, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL (Junk) ACCOUNT REGULARLY.
If you have any issues with applying online and need additional support including reasonable adjustments with the application process please contact the Admissions team on 01752 202269.