What you will learn
This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism – covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour, and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to develop an understanding of autism and how to support individuals with autism.
It’s useful for learners who provide direct support and those working in sectors such as:
- social care
- education and training
What to expect
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Introduction to autism
- Unit 02 Using a person-centered approach to support individuals with autism
- Unit 03 Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Unit 04 Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Unit 05 Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Unit 06 Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
The objective of this qualification is to help learners to progress within employment in a variety of sectors, and in a number of job roles where an understanding of autism and knowledge of how to support people with autism is required.
Delivered roll-on roll-off, you can start at any time of the year with weekly one – one support from your tutor over 12 weeks.
- are 19-23 and do not already have a level 2 qualification
- are 24+ and unemployed or earn below the National Living Wage annually (£20,319 from April 2023)
All applications will need to meet the eligibility criteria.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION WILL BE ELECTRONIC, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL (Junk) ACCOUNT REGULARLY.
If you have any issues with applying online and need additional support including reasonable adjustments with the application process please contact the Admissions team on 01752 202269.