Exciting opportunity for a confident English tutor to work with our Functional Skills & GCSE training team in Plymouth City Centre.
Salary: £13.20 per hour
Part-Time: 28 hours per week (to include teaching and administration time)
Anticipated start: from March 2024
The Job Role:
Delivering consistent, high quality training to support learners in achieving English to support learners in achieving functional skills and GCSE qualifications.
- Qualified to teach GCSE and/or Functional Skills in English; (ability to also teach a Maths curriculum would be an advantage, but English is the main focus of this role)
- Hold current teaching qualification to minimum of Level 4 (CTLLS, Education & Training or equivalent);
- CAVA or equivalent assessing qualification an advantage;
- Experienced in supporting and maintaining engagement of learners from Entry Level 2 to Level 2 abilities;
- Confident in delivering consistent quality of training and assessment, teaching individuals, small groups and classroom cohorts;
- Have good organisational skills with ability to prioritise own workload;
- Able to develop and maintain positive motivational working relationships with learners;
- Able to work both independently and within the wider team supporting functional skills as part of the vocational subject curriculum.
Application by CV and supporting statement quoting reference EMP/EFST/0124
Closing date: 1st March 2024