ICT Technical Tutor/Assessor
Join the team and make a difference!
Exciting opportunity to work with our vocational training team based in Plymouth City Centre.
Salary: £27,205 p.a. pro-rata
Remuneration rate is based on industry standard of 37 hours per week and subject to experience and qualifications. At ATL, our standard working week is 34 hours, Monday to Friday, however there is a good degree of flexibility for this role, with part-time hours and/or job sharing opportunities available for discussion with the right candidate(s).
NB: Trainee positions available for candidates with relevant technical qualifications/experience. Full formal teaching qualifications, mentorship and study support provided in-house as a gateway to becoming a qualified Tutor/Assessor.
The Job Role:
We are seeking a motivated candidate to deliver consistent, high quality vocational training for technical ICT qualifications, specifically Information Communication Technician & Digital Support Technician standards. You will need to be able to offer training and support that maintains learners’ engagement and motivation so they can succeed.
- Relevant, current technical experience, qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in an IT Technical subject (e.g. Networking, IT systems, Cloud)
- Ability to deliver training and assess learners’ work (tutor/assessor qualifications preferred but free in-house training to nationally recognised standards can be provided for candidates with suitable technical training experience);
- Able to work independently, maintain learners’ engagement and motivation and managing both assigned and self-recruited caseload;
- Have excellent organisational skills and able to prioritise effectively;
- Able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with local employers to promote ATL’s services in the workplace.
Application by CV and cover letter, quoting reference BSS/ICT0622, to
Closing date: 31 July 2022