SEND Learner Support Assistant
Immediate start available – an opportunity has presented for a qualified Learning Support/Teaching Assistant with SEND experience to work with our dedicated vocational training team, based in Plymouth City Centre
Salary: £11.31 per hour
Hours: Part-time 18 hours per week, usually over 3 days (term-time only)
PLEASE NOTE, early interviews and immediate start available, therefore this vacancy may close earlier than the date stated below
The Job Role:
The vacancy is for a part-time role throughout the 2023-24 academic year, working term-time only alongside our dedicated Foundation Learning staff to support ‘high needs’ learners in working towards their vocational qualification goals.
- Qualified to at least Level 3 in Supporting Teaching & Learning or equivalent;
- Experience of working in an educational establishment;
- Sound IT skills with experience of using computerised systems and office based software;
- Able to deal pleasantly and effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels, both internal and external;
- Good organisational skills;
- Willing to seek guidance from senior staff and work in harmony with the responsible tutor(s) to provide consistent support to learners;
- Able to maintain absolute confidentiality of information;
- Able to work flexibly where required to meet learners’ needs.
- Current teaching/assessing qualifications or experience in ability to deliver training and assess learners’ work an advantage.
Application by CV and supporting statement quoting reference SLSA/0923
Closing date: Friday 17 November 2023