Promoting Opportunities for Young People!
A Traineeship provides employers and young people with the opportunity to see if the work environment suits them before committing to a job or an apprenticeship. This includes:
- Flexible education and training with work experience
- Pre Apprenticeships can last from 6 weeks to 6 months and are for young people aged between 16 and 24.
- A work experience placement that lasts between 70-240 hours with a guaranteed exit interview and reference on completion of the work placement.
- Individually planned programmes, which will include English, maths and vocational qualifications where appropriate.
What Are The Benefits?
- Young people will gain valuable employability skills and relevant work experience.
- Employers will have the opportunity to shape the skills and experience of young people from their local community, helping their business to develop a loyal and talented workforce.
- Working with trainees will give experienced staff the opportunity to develop their skills in mentoring and coaching young people.
- £1000 Pre-Apprenticeship grants available for up to ten trainees – subject to terms and conditions.
Traineeship are a proven way to give young people the skills and opportunity they need to be ready for work. The £1000 incentive will help employers of all sizes provide traineeship opportunities and invest in their workforce so that they can rebuild and grow. More importantly, we are giving young people a vital route to start their journey, get their first job or go on to further study.
Check out our amazing employers who are looking for candidates ready to start their early careers Traineeship placements
If you would like to discuss this further, please call 01752 202229
Or pop in for an informal chat at Norwich Union House, Plymouth.
Traineeship Success stories:
I have recently been employed as a business administration apprenticeship working in an office for a training company.I gained this post after completing a Traineeship programme. I would highly recommend a Traineeship, it gave me the chance to get some real experience of working in an office and gain some of the skills I would need to find employment,when I attended job interviews I was able to talk about my experience which gave me loads of confidence.
Mylo Williams-Whiteman – 20 Yrs old
Before the Traineeship, I had no direction in my career prospects, but now I have improved my skills, my maths and English grades have improved and I have almost completed a Level 2 Health and Social Care course with the prospect of starting a placement soon. My goal now is to go to university and become a Social Worker.
Deanne Skinner – 22 yrs old