Promoting opportunities for young people!
Pre Apprenticeships provide employers and young people the opportunity to see if the work environment suits them before committing to a job or apprenticeship.
• Flexible education and training programme with work experience
• Pre Apprenticeships can last from 6 weeks to 6 months and are for young people aged between 16-24 who do not have a Level 3 qualification
• A work experience placement that lasts between 100-240 hours with a guaranteed exit interview and reference on completion of the work placement
• Individually planned programmes, which will include English and maths if required. Vocational qualifications can also be included
What are the benefits?
• Young people will gain valuable employability skills and relevant work experience
• Employers will have the opportunity to shape the skills and experience of young people from their local community, helping their business to develop a loyal and talented workforce
• Working with trainees will give experienced staff the opportunity to develop their skills in mentoring and coaching young people
• £1500 Apprenticeship Grants for employers are available
Pre Apprenticeship Success stories:
I have recently been employed as a business administration apprenticeship working in an office for a training company.I gained this post after completing a pre apprenticeship programme. I would highly recommend a pre apprenticeship, it gave me the chance to get some real experience of working in an office and gain some of the skills I would need to find employment,when I attended job interviews I was able to talk about my experience which gave me loads of confidence.
Mylo Williams-Whiteman – 20 Yrs old
Before the pre apprenticeship, I had no direction in my career prospects, but now I have improved my skills, my maths and English grades have improved and I have almost completed a Level 2 Health and Social Care course with the prospect of starting a placement soon. My goal now is to go to university and become a Social Worker.
Deanne Skinner – 22 yrs old