Animal Care Curriculum Manager
A rare opportunity has arisen for the role of Curriculum Department Manager for
Animal Care, at one of Plymouth’s longest-established vocational training providers
Salary: £24,000 to £27,000 per annum based on experience & qualifications
Additional performance related bonus scheme up to £2,600pa
Hours: 34 per week
The Job Role:
ATL have 25 years’ experience in serving our community and supporting learners of all ages to move into employment. Our Animal Care team currently offer vocational training from Level 1 introductory courses to Level 3 Technical qualifications.
The Curriculum Department Manager role will:
- Lead a busy and highly motivated team delivering consistent, high quality vocational training in Animal Care;
- Ensure the achievement of quality academic standards, business, strategic and financial goals;
- Maintain high staff engagement in effective teamwork and systems that develop an appropriate quality teaching environment to meet the needs of learners, staff and external bodies across all delivered disciplines;
- Provide a high-quality, flexible and responsive curriculum that supports progression into further training and/or sustainable employment.
- Deliver training and assessment to own client caseload and quality assure the assessment practice of the team.
- Qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in Animal Care or similar;
- Hold current teaching and assessing qualifications;
- Hold current IQA/Verifiers qualification;
- Have good organisational skills with ability to prioritise own workload;
- Have good leadership and management skills with ability to support staff development through positive mentoring;
- Confident in delivering consistent quality of training and assessment;
- Able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with local employers across the Animal Care sector;
- Able to work both independently and as part of the company’s management team.
Applications by CV and covering statement , quoting reference ANC/CDM0222,
by email to
Closing date: 29 April 2022