If you have great IT skills, current technical experience and are interested in passing on your knowledge, we want to talk to you!
Join the team and make a difference
Salary £22,852 per annum (pro-rata of £35,000pa) Hours: 21 hours per week
Achievement Training Ltd (ATL) deliver technical IT and software development training for some of Plymouth’s largest employers. We’re one of the city’s largest providers of quality education and training, offering a diverse range of exciting career opportunities for all kinds of people.
We are seeking a motivated candidate with relevant, current technical experience, to support our learners with consistent, high quality training for technical ICT qualifications relevant to their workplaces and career aspirations. You will need to be able to offer training and support that maintains learners’ engagement and motivation so they can succeed. The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with local employers will be a vital part of the role.
The Software Development Trainer will be responsible for:
- Delivering and facilitating training, coaching and mentoring apprentices in the Level 4 Software Developer / Tester and DevOps apprenticeship standard
- Deliver high quality, relevant training sessions and assessments to groups and individual learners.
- Ensuring apprentices are developing their portfolios in line with EPAO requirements
- Managing the apprentices to ensure entry to gateway in a timely manner
- Monitoring and reviewing learner welfare on a regularly, taking any action to limit the number of early leavers
- Conduct regular sessions and progress reviews with the Apprentices and their Employers.
- Set individual targets for learners within the basis of their capabilities.
- Inspire, motivate and enhance the learner’s passion for the sector.
- Provide constructive and insightful feedback to learners.
- Attend all relevant meetings and training.
- Contribute to teaching and resources that meet the qualification requirements.
- Ensure the programme is delivered according to the Organisations policies.
- Working with the employers to ensure apprentices have projects to complete
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Significant industry experience within a Software Development related position
- Experience of working with JAVA, C# or C++.
- A Level 4 or higher qualification within Software Development or equivalent
- An assessor qualification (or be willing to work towards one)
- Knowledge of and experience delivering Software developer apprenticeships standards up to Level 4
- A successful track record of achieving apprentice completions in a timely manner
- Experience of remote and e-learning delivery
- Excellent English, Digital and communication skills.
There is a huge opportunity to grow this position into a full time role.
If you have extensive experience within the Software Development Industry with no training experience, but would consider a new career within Education then we would love to hear from you.
Apply by CV and supporting statement, quoting reference BSS/SDT1021, to
Closing date: 15 December 2021