Completing nail services on a one-to-one basis with individual customers/clients within commercial timings
A Nail services technician offers a range of services for customers’/clients’ nails. They complete all duties and treatments within the scope of the occupation. A Nail services technician works independently or as part of a team, supported by a salon/nail bar manager. They demonstrate a willingness to learn, have an enquiring and curious mind and are enthusiastic to learn about their chosen career. In addition they exhibit a good work ethic applied to learning, drive and commitment to learn and maintain continual professional development. They complete nail services on a one-to-one basis with individual customers/clients within commercial timings. The occupation is fast-paced and customer-focused, providing a range of bespoke nail services, advice and product recommendations whilst meeting legal, industry and organisational requirements and codes of practice. The work environment can be varied in size, style and ambience, from a cruise ship, through to small nail bars or stations, retail environments or luxury high end beauty salons or spas.
A Nail services technician:
- maintains and manages a nail bar or station in accordance with legal requirements and manufacturer’s instructions
- assesses customer’s/client’s requirements, choosing the most appropriate services and products
- makes and advises on bookings
- implements and practices safe ways of working for themselves and others in accordance with legal, industry and organisational requirements
- advises, demonstrates, recommends and sells a range of products and tools used in nail services
- uses a range of techniques, products, tools and equipment to provide:
- manicure services
- pedicure services
- advice to customers/clients on nail products and services
- gel polish services for nails
- basic nail art services
- nail enhancement services
- completes services to a high standard, maintaining customer confidentiality and rights
- portrays professionalism that meets legal, industry and organisational requirements and codes of practice for nail services
Candidates for this course should be working in a related sector.
All applications will be reviewed on an individual basis. If you have experience or previous knowledge that will support your application please remember to include it. Individuals without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Training and assessment fee £3,500.00
Levy employers 100% contribution required.
Non-levy employers Co-invested government contribution 95% Employer 5% £175.00
Apprentices must not incur any costs
Employer Incentive for Hiring a new Apprentice apprenticeships.gov.uk/employers/financial-incentives
You could receive up to £4000 If you hire an apprentice before 31st January 2022, as part of the Government’s plan to support employers during the economic recovery.
All ages Covid 19 Incentive £3000.00
16-18 Permanent incentive £1000.00
- The apprentice must be a new hire holding a contract of employment with start date no earlier than 01/04/2021
2. The apprentice must not have been previously employed by the same employer within the previous 6 months of the start date
National Insurance Contributions are not required by employers with apprentices under the age of 25 earning less than £827 a week.