Level 3 Diploma in Work-Based Animal Care and Welfare aims to meet the needs of learners who work or want to work in the animal care sector by:
• providing knowledge and understanding that will support effective and efficient working practices that are fully in accordance with Animal Welfare requirements
• promoting and encouraging good working practices in relation to safety, bio security, transport, handling and restraint of animals and to customer transactions
• encouraging a pragmatic and structured approach to achieving the required standard of work in a way that, where possible, is enjoyed by the animal and the animal care operative
• fostering good habits of observation and awareness of the characteristics, behaviour, overall state and health of the animal throughout care operation
• cultivating team-working practices and effective communication skills with the animal, its owner and colleagues
For those successfully achieving the Level 3 Diploma in Work-based Animal Care and Welfare qualification, you will be able to apply for work in roles such as: • Dog Groomer • Animal Technician • Dog Handler • Animal/Dog Trainer • Dog Warden • Pet Shop Assistant • Zoo Keeper • Animal Management Technician
16-18 year old – Attendance days Tuesday and Thursday. 09:00 – 16:00
Term time only. The term starts in September and finishes in July.
Learners must have achieved a previous Level 2 qualification in Animal Care.
Level 3 courses fully funded if you are a school leaver.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION WILL BE ELECTRONIC, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL (Junk) ACCOUNT REGULARLY.
If you have any issues with applying online and need additional support including reasonable adjustments with the application process please contact the Admissions team on 01752 202269.