A Beauty and make-up consultant typically works in a department store, or other retail environment; they use their knowledge to demonstrate, promote and recommend the use, benefits and application of a range of retail beauty products, covering: make-up, skin care, nail care and perfumery. They do this in accordance with legal requirements, brand guidelines, pricing and promotional structures and organisational protocols. They work as part of a team, as well as independently, supported by a department or counter manager, to provide exceptional, bespoke customer service and care in a fast-paced retail environment, whilst achieving sales and profit targets. They have drive, a good work ethic, an enquiring and curious mind and are enthusiastic to learn about their chosen career and maintain continual professional development.
A Beauty and make-up consultant:
- meets beauty retail image and etiquette to be a brand ambassador
- advises and demonstrates:
- eyelash and eyebrow products to customers
- facial products to customers
- nail products to customers
- perfumery recommendations to customers
- completes promotional activities
- maintains and manages a work area
- identifies customer requirements then:
- chooses the most appropriate products, tools and equipment to promote, demonstrate and sell
- selects, uses, demonstrates and applies a range of techniques, products, tools and equipment to promote and sell a range of beauty retail products to customers
- instructs in the use and application of skin care products and make-up
- completes services to a high standard, maintaining customer confidentiality and rights
- advises, demonstrates and sells retail beauty products relevant to customers’ needs
- implements and practices safe ways of working for themselves and others in accordance with legal and organisational requirements
Candidates for this course should be working in a related sector.
All applications will be reviewed on an individual basis. If you have experience or previous knowledge that will support your application please remember to include it. Individuals without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Training and assessment fee £3,000.00
Levy employers 100% contribution required.
Non-levy employers Co-invested government contribution 95% Employer 5% £150
Apprentices must not incur any costs
Employer Incentive for Hiring a new Apprentice apprenticeships.gov.uk/employers/financial-incentives
You could receive up to £4000 If you hire an apprentice before 31st January 2022, as part of the Government’s plan to support employers during the economic recovery.
All ages Covid 19 Incentive £3000.00
16-18 Permanent incentive £1000.00
- The apprentice must be a new hire holding a contract of employment with start date no earlier than 01/04/2021
2. The apprentice must not have been previously employed by the same employer within the previous 6 months of the start date
National Insurance Contributions are not required by employers with apprentices under the age of 25 earning less than £827 a week.